Norton Remove & Reinstall tool helps to uninstall & reinstall your Norton antivirus products.
Before you start
- The Norton Remove and Reinstall tool uninstalls most Norton antivirus products, and reinstall the latest version.Make sure that you meet the following requirements before you continue:
- You should have an Internet connection
- The tool does not remove Norton Utilities or Norton Family
- The tool does not remove your Norton Identity Safe local vault
- Norton antivirus products that are offered by the service providers like Comcast or Deutsche Telekom, are not removed by this tool. Download and run the Norton Removal Tool.
Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. (Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location. You can change the location through browser setting.)
- To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the + key.
- Double-click the icon.
- Read the license agreement, and click .
- Click . (You may see the button if your Norton product is from your service provider. Click .)
- Click or .
- Click .
Note :If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton product.