WHAT IS NORTON ERROR 500?
Norton error 500 is a server error. It often arises when there is an issue with the activation of the setup process on your system. However, there may be other reasons that cause this error to pop up. Fortunately, there are a number of different solutions to fix this issue then how to fix Norton error 500.
HOW CAN I RESOLVE NORTON SERVER ERROR 500?
IMPORTANT: Run Live Update
The error may be caused owing to the activation or updating of the product. One way to fix it is regardless of whether you are using a Windows or a Mac computer system. Firstly, check for and download the latest version of the antivirus program.
Thereafter follow the subsequent steps:
- Launch Norton.com/setup by clicking on the icon.
- Click on Run Live Update.
- Permit the program to run. Certainly it should be until you receive the message ‘your Norton product has the latest protection updates’.
- After that, restart your system once. Subsequently, it will allow the updates to be applied to your PC.
PROCEDURE RELATED TO RESOLVING NORTON SERVER ERROR 500 ON COMPUTER SETUP
FIXING NORTON ERROR 500 ON WINDOWS 10
Restart the PC
- Close down all of your running applications.
- Restart your system.
Set Your Default Web Browser
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the icon System.
- After that click on Default Apps.
- Meanwhile select the web browser you wish to set as default.
- At the present activate your Norton product once more.
FIXING NORTON ERROR 500 ON WINDOWS 8/7/VISTA/XP
Restart the PC
- Close all running programs.
- Restart your PC.
Change the Default Web Browser
- Firstly, Open the Control Panel.
- Secondly, Go to Programs.
- Thirdly, Click on Set Your Default Programs.
- Fourthly, choose the browser you wish to set as default.
- Finally, click on Set This Program and then OK.
FIXING NORTON ERROR 500 ON MAC
Uninstall Norton Antivirus
- Open the application folder.
- Locate and double click on your Norton.com/setup program.
- Select your Norton product from the menu bar.
- Click on Uninstall. After that click on Uninstall Norton Product Confirmation window.
- Enter your administrator credentials.
- Restart your Mac Computer
Remove License from Unused Device
- Sign in to your account at norton.com/setup.
- Remove the devices that you are not using any longer.
- Click on Delete Device.
- After that select Remove to confirm.
- Finally, click on done.
Reinstall Norton Antivirus
- Go to www.norton.com/setup.
- Sign in to your account.
- Option 1: Enter a new product activation code otherwise Option2: Go to your products and click on Download Norton in the setup window.
In conclusion, with Norton Antivirus Software you get a guarantee that your PC is secure. Norton is an error-free arrangement. However, it frequently shows an error 500. On the basis that you face this issue, you can fix it successfully. Moreover, you can follow the above-mentioned steps. Consequently, you can resolve that Norton 500 error or you can contact our client care.
Read More :